Celine Music

THE REHEARSALS

It is in La Louvière (Belgium, 30 miles south of Brussels), on June 24, 2002, that the rehearsals of the show start in fitted out studios by the company Dragone, first with 60 artists. Céline Dion comes on October 17, 2002 and the rehearsals go on until November 15, 2002.

Why La Louvière?
"It is true that in La Louvière, tells Dragone, we have handicaps which we would not have somewhere else, in terms of activities and hotel infrastructures. Nevertheless, this allows to the artists to concentrate on the show. They have nothing to distract themselves, and it generates a certain introspective quality. "

As for Céline : "What I want it is to be with Franco, with the team, she says. I would have followed him wherever, even up to Mouk Mouk islands."
"La Louvière is going to offer me a present, is going to give me the chance to rediscover me myself, Céline says. For the first time in my career, I am going to be able to take time, surrounded well, to exclusively dedicate me to the show. I long to go there, to work there, to live there, with my family. It is a new experience. I attach it a big importance."
"I've just arrived in Belgium and I'm so surprised by this warm welcome. I'm a bit tired, but happy to be here for a month. I was never worried... The house to Bousval (22 miles southeast of Brussels) is magnificent, my family likes it. We have a swimming pool, it is the big luxury. From our arrival, my son hurried to run through the house. We feel at home."

As for the 58 selected artists for the show, they were chosen after castings in Amsterdam, La Louvière, Londres, Paris, Montréal, Las Vegas, Chicago, New York and Los Angeles. More than 4000 candidates proposed their services for this show; finally, 1500 'performers' were auditioned.
The rehearsals include dance, aerial, vocal, percussion, acrobatic and theatrical workshops. Franco Dragone has begun to gather a who’s-who of internationally renowned multi-disciplined artists to develop the essence of the show. "With Franco, Céline tells, I can finally take time. I have never had the chance to put cards on table and to try, to put me to bare; I find myself. Here, in La Louvière, we are going to manage to surpass ourselves ".

"Here, Franco adds, Céline concentrates on the spectacle. We listen and, together, everything takes a sense. She is our source of inspiration..."

Furthermore, the rehearsals for Céline, are not specially vocal, but especially physics: she follows a physical training, every morning; she attends workshops, with the artists. Céline passes in the hands of the make-up women, so that they realize a moulding of her head for the preparation of hats; between the fingers of the wardrobe master... "We do not make the show in La Louvière. We buy vegetables here to simmer the soup of Las Vegas ", Franco Dragone summarizes funnily.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celine: Through the Eyes of the World - Widget: "Celine Dion, the international superstar and best-selling female artist of all time, has toured around the world and back again, and now, Sony Pictures Releasing's special programming division, The Hot Ticket, will let audiences follow her everywhere."
Photobucket